27 April 2013

Chickie Adventure Box: April Edition

In an attempt to keep each other at bay and not buy entire makeup collections at Ulta, Sephora or wherever makeup is sold really, I have a bestie called Chickie whom I brainstormed this beyond amazing idea. Much like Louise at Sprinkle of Glitter who lives in the UK and her girlfriend Marie from the States who goes by the YouTube name Bits and Clips share boxes back and forth filled with fun things, we decided to do the same! I mean, the boxes are just traveling up and down the East Coast of the US but it's still a fun little friend thing we get to do together. Each of us takes a month and with a monetary limit (we both have shopping addictions so a limit was necessary!), we buy makeup items and other cutie pie things for each other. Too. Cute. Since March was Chickie's birthday, April was deemed my month and clearly upon receiving my box, I was excited, huh?
My nickname is clearly Bunnie as illustrated. I think the stars really highlight the magic inside the box... also they hide where I live so all my crazy fans don't show up outside of my home, begging for makeup tips and autographs with eyeliner. Peasants. (JK but seriously.)

Since I literally reacted as violently as an overexcited child at Christmas, I didn't give myself enough time to take a picture of the inside of the box. Chickie is one fun, creative chick (haha) and she wrote me this cutie pie letter where every item she bought was written out with a description why she bought it for me, why she thought I would like it. Best of all, on said cutie pie letter, the descriptions were blocked off with different scraps of fancy wrapping paper so I had to bend each back to see what they were! Like a makeup Advent calendar! I also had to find the corresponding number on the wrapped presents on the inside. It truly was a magical adventure box! To say I tore into this thing would be an understatement. I attacked it, unable to control myself. I actually squealed multiple times (I'm not proud, okay.) but everything was just so fun! See how many exclamation points I used in those sentences!!!!!!!!

Okay... so here were the items inside my adventure box:
Can you even??? She rocks my socks, man. Okay, first things first: there were two items that I didn't take pictures of. They were two magazines: One the UK Cosmo from March with my girl from the Saturdays, Mollie King on the cover. I'm obsessed with her and her cat eyes which Chickie knows all too well. The other was the TV Guide with Game of Thrones people on them AKA Robb Stark (Boss of the North), Catelyn Stark (Momma Hostage) and Jon Snow (Sweet Beautiful Half Stark). Now while my heart pitterpats for Robb, it can't be contained when it comes to Jon Snow. Those lips. The unruly hair spending this season thus far matted with ice. The fact that he's so bastardly (but literally, he is). I just can't. I may make a montage on my wall with the pictures from the articles. Like I'm in sixth grade again.

Because she's such a good friend, she sent me the correct shade of the ELF liquid foundation in Sand. It's still a little dark but nothing like my flirting with Beyonce status when I got the deceiving dark color Buff. Even my half Italian-ness couldn't pull that off! She also sent me the ELF gel eye liner in black. She swears by gel liner but my first attempt was pitiful and looked as though I was trying to be Captain Jack Sparrow. No joke. More like Captain Jack Sparrow after being punched in the eyeballs. I desperately need to practice and get a solid brush from either MAC or Sephora or something. Otherwise, I may just stick to liquid! The last ELF product she got me was the tone correcting powder (see below). It's a bevy of magical colors that are supposed to even you out. I have yet to figure out if it goes on first or last or middle for that matter. I used some after I applied my foundation and didn't notice that much of a difference but after playing around with it, I'll probably figure it out.
I was then gifted with not 1, not 2, not even 3, ladies and gents, but 4, (I know!) 4 lipsticks! Being the lipstick queen, I was very excited to say the least! The first soft pink top one is called Princess and it's by CoverGirl. Technically, it's a lipslick so it's creamy, shimmery and while not matte, it will be pretty after I get a bit of a tan and need more moisture on my lips. Now the next two are both Revlon, a company that I love love LOVE to death, almost as much as I love NYX, I would do anything to be their spokeswoman like the most embarrassing degrading shit, and both are part of the Super Lustrous lipstick line. Both are also pearl and creamy but not balmy like the CoverGirl lipslick is. The top color is called 425 Softsilver Red and the one under it is 410 Softshell Pink. To be honest, I haven't tried either one, I just swatched them. I'm not the hugest fan of cream lipsticks, as I've now said a thousand times, but they seem to be decent colors for the summer. The last bottom color is by Sephora, it's their Rouge Shine lipstick in No46. The stick looks quite dark but actually when I wore it, it applied almost like a fuchsia which you can kind of see as the swatch. I got a TON of compliments on this color. My only big complaint was that since it's not matte, it wore off quite easily. I had to reapply maybe 5 or 6 times over the course of the day. Next time, I'm going to try and wear it with a lip primer to see if that will help it stay but otherwise, I am a big fan despite the lack of lastability (that's really not a word? I call bullshit.)
Okay, I may have thrown up in my mouth (in a good way!) when I opened the Urban Decay Naked basics eyeshadow palette. I mean, just look at it. I literally am going to give no other description. So you can just throw up in your mouth too. BTW, why is the third one in called W.O.S. and WTF does that mean? I'm not losing sleep over it or anything, but it's just an odd name for such a pretty color.
Aside from being a lipstick junkie, my other makeup kryptonite is blush. Surprising, but true. I enjoy a good blusher. Even though I didn't add it to my Must Haves, I also have a little brain like a chipmunk (or a bunny! Get it because my nickname is Bunnie? Shut up.) so just add blush into my mix. I'm a big huge fan of coral and peach colored blushes and this coral one is just to die for. It's by Stila and it's custom color blush that self-adjusts. Basically, in layman's terms, you slap some on and it finds the right pigment to compliment your skin tone. Magical. I know. This one is in the color Coral and when I put it on, it ended up more pink than orange which I found surprising considering I believe I have more yellow undertones. Irregardless, it's lovely. Subtle but noticeably pretty in a truly soft blush kind of way. I enjoyed the bit of shimmer it gave me and didn't even need to use a highlighter with it.
Lastly, she hit me up with the Rimmel London Scandeleyes mascara in Black and it packs a punch. Really pretty, not flaky, thick gorgeous lashes were acquired after using it. Would look great for a night out. I also got a set of 4 blending sponges which are fun pastel colors and different shapes. Love! And last but not least, she gave me a sample set of benefit's they're Real! mascara and Watt's Up! highlighter. Can I tell you how in love I am with these two products? The mascara is out of control. The most beautiful mascara I've ever used. The wand is odd and really spiky like it has this rounded spiky ball on the top? It's hard to explain and I failed to snap a pic but essentially you can use it for the lashes in the corners and your bottom lashes. I literally looked like I was wearing false eyelashes. The highlighter is just as magical. It's this stunning champagne like color that applies creamy on a stick but dries matte. It blends beautifully and does literally makes you glow. I had to have been at least 100 watts. I put some on my cheekbones, down my nose, a dot on my forehead and a dot on my chin. I felt like Athena. Or Aphrodite. Or the Goddess of Makeup whom I don't think exists. I can't recommend them enough!!! Look more exclamation points so you know I'm serious!

Okay, you've read enough. You poor things. Your eyeballs are probably bleeding. I'm wordy, I'm sorry. I'm also way too excited so my brain keeps telling me to write stuff. Sharing a fun passion like beauty with your friend is such a cute, feminine bonding experience. Getting to try products you would have never even thought to try before is a exciting way to amp up your look- go for the soft ladylike face or the sultry smoky eye, bold lip, anything and everything! It can't be wrong which is what makes it even better! So surprise a pal with a fun adventure box! Go on, do it! Then you'll get a fun adventure box in return! Fun adventure boxes to go around!

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment